08 Απρ Δραστηριότητα Μαρτίου 2021
ΑΝΑΠΤΥΞΗ ΔΙΚΤΥΟΥ / ΑΝΑΓΝΩΡΙΣΗ – ΠΡΟΣΔΙΟΡΙΣΜΟΣ ΑΝΑΓΚΩΝ ΤΗΣ ΤΡΙΤΗΣ ΗΛΙΚΙΑΣ ΜΕΣΑ ΑΠΟ ΣΥΝΕΡΓΑΣΙΑ ΑΡΜΟΔΙΩΝ ΦΟΡΕΩΝ ΣΕ ΣΥΝΑΡΤΗΣΗ ΜΕ ΤΙΣ ΑΠΑΙΤΗΣΕΙΣ ΤΟΥ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΟΣ TECMED.
The TECMED Project “Development of a transcultural social-ethical-care model for dependent populations in the Mediterranean Sea basin” (A_A.3.2_0376 TECMED ENI CBC MED-Europe), is an innovative model of intercultural social care aimed at a specific age group.
The program refers to Elderly 65+ that face threat of social exclusion.
The principle objective is the evolution and the upgrade oh the existing social care units in collaboration with public administrations and agencies involved in the protection and support of this age group, in order to achieve a higher quality of social services provided.
As we have highlighted during the workshop that was held on the 12th of February, the identification of the needs of the stakeholders in line with the TECMED project is crucial and necessary in order to continue with the procedure of the Capacity Building Plan in Greece.
FUNDAMENTAL NEEDS IN GREECE CONCERINING ELDER POPULATION:
- Introduction of Research and Assessment bodies to promote a deeper and more organized evaluation of needs.
- Need of adequate primary Medical Care and health coverage.
- Targeted training for Health Professionals.
- Health care services that are home-based and family-based.
- Adequate social benefits.
- Government targeted intervention for laws and policies on social care.
- Social activities for the elderly.
- Much needed support at home and in the family.
- Empowerment of the elderly and abolishing the stigma related to old age.
- Better cooperation and communication of local policy and executing bodies.
- Increased State Intervention and adequate financial resources / program
- Improving the quality of life of the Elderly (physical and psychological health).
- Continuous assessment and recording of needs.
- Enhancement of tele-tools and technological familiarity.
After having identified the major needs that Greece faces the last years as Elderly are concerned, it seems crucial for the capacity plan to be strictly organized and followed.
The Workshop titled “the needs of the elderly and their caregivers, taking into account the capacity building needs of stakeholders in line with the TEC-MED model and its action plan”, highlighted the above needs and organized a strategic plan in alliance with those needs and the initial goals of the TECMED project.
Below is available audiovisual material from the Workshop:
There is also printed article on the local newspaper -including documents for the Workshop- available in order to achieve detailed information for the wider society
NESSECITY OF CAREGIVERS TO BE TRAINED:
Family caregivers, although uncompensated, provide daily care for older adults who are dependent in Greece. Adequate and detailed training help formal and non-formal care providers to be more effective and helpful for the dependent members of the family. And while growing older might seem like a common topic, new and innovative ways for helping with the aging process are always being developed and improved upon.
Learning the appropriate way on how to help someone in need, is essential to helping preserve comfort, happiness, and peace of mind throughout all stages of life, especially as we grow older.
Taking this statement into account, the capacity building plan for PP4 includes and highlights the need on training and provides solutions and proposals in this specific field of intervention.
As the participation of Stakeholders and their interest for our strategies presented in the community capacity building plan for Greece -during the workshop- was increased, we may know focus on the acts trying to achieve the desired goals.